Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to both Oreillys and Autozone when trying to buy plugs and wires to do a tune up, and they both said that a wireset does not exist for my vehicle. Is that even possible? Surely every vehicle has spark plug wires, right? Can somebody please post a link of what I need to buy for the wires? I already bought NGK iridium spark plugs...

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,951 Posts
they both said that a wireset does not exist for my vehicle. Is that even possible?
Yeah.

Joedawsn said:
Surely every vehicle has spark plug wires, right?
Wrong!

Joedawsn said:
Can somebody please post a link of what I need to buy for the wires?
You don't need to buy anything. Like most cars these days, it has a COP ignition system.....google it.

Oh, and welcome to the 21st century.

·
Registered
259 Posts
and what do we do when the connectors for the coils go bad or their tiny brittle plastic bits break off? New car time?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,951 Posts
and what do we do when the connectors for the coils go bad or their tiny brittle plastic bits break off? New car time?
Well, you could replace the whole car if you like. But I think the cheaper option would be to take the car to your local AUTOSPARK and he'll just replace the harness connectors for you.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Just to deal with the nomenclature... Spark plug wires carry high voltage (20,000+ Volts) from the ignition coil to the spark plug. The spark plug wire is fastened directly to the spark plug (hence the term 'spark plug wire'. The high voltage they carry tends to break them down after time and as a result, they are a regular service item which occasionally require replacing.

The coil is connected directly to the spark plug on the 1.6 GDI engine. The wires that go to the coils are called coil wires. Unlike spark plug wires, coil wires only carry 12V and are not prone to breaking down. However, you can purchase a coil wire harness should it somehow become cut, or a connector breaks. See link below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ignition-Coil-Wire-Harness-OEM-For-Hyundai-Accent-2012-2013-/351506187892

1 - 6 of 6 Posts