Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install after market fog lights and and cannot figure out which ignition wires to splice into. There are only two wires and neither is hot when the ignition is on, measured by a meter or a test light. Can someone help me?

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
I am trying to install after market fog lights and and cannot figure out which ignition wires to splice into. There are only two wires and neither is hot when the ignition is on, measured by a meter or a test light. Can someone help me?
You can connect your after market fogs to Connector I/P-B pin#1 orange wire or pin#25 pink wire and make sure you provide a fuse for the circuit.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I am guessing that this I/P 54 pin connector is under the steering column area. I have had that off but did not want to check things without knowing what is what. Did not want to all of sudden see the airbag go off in my face.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,613 Posts
What is the ignition power supply for? I assume it's being used to control the fog lamp relay?

The wires suggested by wongpfh are a bit OTT for powering a relay. And thick wires like those are a pain to splice into. And they are on the wrong side of the fusebox.

You don't want to make the job more difficult than it needs to be. There are plenty of ignition supplies on the connectors at the front of the fusebox. If I was doing the installation, I'd use one of those.

IGN supply - Connector I/P-E terminal 26 (blue wire)

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any reason not to use terminal 27? It looks like this is the terminal they use for OEM. Just don't know what color the wire is. Can you help? Is this the junction box that is just to the left of the steering column under the ECO button? Thanks! - Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.