Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this?

Is it actually located right behind the glove box? Is there a DIY on the forums that I didn't see?

Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Dealer wanted about $70 installed . I bought a Fram filter at Parts Source for $22. Put it in while in the parking lot.

It took longer to empty the glove box then to drop it open all the way:)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dealer wanted about $70 installed . I bought a Fram filter at Parts Source for $22. Put it in while in the parking lot.

It took longer to empty the glove box then to drop it open all the way:)
Bought mine from the dealer for $20.16. Also changed it on the lot.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Didn't know it was this easy. Dealer charged me $38 to change it. Darnn.

Does anyone know how to change the engine air filter?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Has anyone done this?

Is it actually located right behind the glove box? Is there a DIY on the forums that I didn't see?

Thanks.
Just wondering if you wanted to know how to change the filter or does it need changed. 013 seems a little early to change unless you have a lot of miles racked up on it already. I have gone a few years on my other vehicles before I even check the cabin filters. But than it does makes a differents where you live.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Living on a gravel road, I'd check the filter at least once a year.
Same here. I don't live on a gravel road, but I would still check on it once a year. At the 12 month/15,000 mile scheduled service, the cabin air filter is supposed to be changed out, according to the owner's manual. However, about a month after I had taken my car in for its 12 month service, I discovered that the air filter had not been changed. It was pretty dirty looking to me, so I changed it myself. I got the feeling that they took my car in, parked it somewhere and made me wait for an hour, then handed it back to me without actually doing anything to it. I did tell them not to change the oil since I'd already done that recently, but that doesn't mean they can skip the other stuff.

So yeah, I would definitely check on my cabin air filter at least once a year. The owner may be the only person who ever takes an interest in the thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts