Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been doing some research on how to install a amp and a sub. The only thing is I have found some conflicting info that I would like to straighten out. I know I need the line out converter, and obviously the amp and sub and all the wiring. I've read that I need to tap into the rear speaker to make it work, is this correct??? I've also read I just need to install the line converter and just use the RCA jacks and connect the amp then connect the sub to the amp. I know I need to run the power from the battery with a fuse and the remote to make sure it shuts off when the car does. So which one is correct??? I just upgraded my factory door speakers, they sound great but I lost some base. I just want to get it back. Don't want to spend a lot either, just want something with decent punch.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't know how the installers did it exactly, but I had an amp and sub in the car without the line out stuff.
There's some threads on here if you search for them..
(same people are about to install 2amps and a sub into my new car using the standard head unit which doesn't have line out)

(I do know my back speakers didn't work but with amped front speakers and a sub you tend to not care :D)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts