Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Recently, my cigarette lighter stopped working and I am unable to charge my cellphone. I looked at the interior fuse port and swapped both fuses that state power outlet and c/lighter and it still does not work. What else should I check? Thank you!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,298 Posts
What else should I check?
The charger maybe? Have you tried plugging it into another car?

I also suggest you use a voltmeter to test the fuses. That will tell you not only whether the fuses are blown again or not but will also confirm that power is being supplied to the fuses.

If you look closely at the fuses in the fusebox you'll see that each fuse has two little metal points on top. Those are the fuse test points that you probe with your voltmeter. When the ignition is switched on you should have 12V on both test points of the cigarette lighter & power outlet fuses. If you have 12V on one side of the fuse but a lower voltage on the other side, the fuse is blown. And if there is no voltage to either side of the fuse you have a problem further back in the circuit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The charger maybe? Have you tried plugging it into another car?

I also suggest you use a voltmeter to test the fuses. That will tell you not only whether the fuses are blown again or not but will also confirm that power is being supplied to the fuses.

If you look closely at the fuses in the fusebox you'll see that each fuse has two little metal points on top. Those are the fuse test points that you probe with your voltmeter. When the ignition is switched on you should have 12V on both test points of the cigarette lighter & power outlet fuses. If you have 12V on one side of the fuse but a lower voltage on the other side, the fuse is blown. And if there is no voltage to either side of the fuse you have a problem further back in the circuit.
My charging ports only works every now and again when i fool around with it. Can you buy parts to replace?

It is a nuisance and I can't plug in my dash cam and my 2013 accent has only one port

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,298 Posts
My charging ports only works every now and again when i fool around with it.
I assume by charging port you mean one of those plug in cigarette lighter USB chargers?
If so what your describing sounds more like a problem with the charger than the socket on the car. A lot of those cheap chargers don't make a good connection with the car's power socket meaning you need to move it about a bit to find the sweet spot that allows it to work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not only they don’t make good contact, when they do, they get extremely hot!
I bought a really good charger 49.99 and it works perfectly in my husbands car. Any charger i seem to use in the socket doesn't work well. Cheap or expensive.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
567 Posts
Is there a specific one i should buy?
You could go back to Hyundai and order another OEM replacement for the car.
Old one pops right out and new one right back in. Should take about an hours worth of work.
Here is the unit if you'd want to replace it with factory.

5C21E934-8CD2-446F-8313-41AE15190BC8.jpeg

Hyundai could install it for you or someone mechanically inclined. It's all plug and play so no wiring needed.

Good luck with your decision. ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You could go back to Hyundai and order another OEM replacement for the car.
Old one pops right out and new one right back in. Should take about an hours worth of work.
Here is the unit if you'd want to replace it with factory.

View attachment 441602

Hyundai could install it for you or someone mechanically inclined. It's all plug and play so no wiring needed.

Good luck with your decision. ?
I would need one where i can have a plug in attachement for my dash cam.
similar to the one on top. So that way i have my port which will always be plugged in and a USB

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
567 Posts
I'm using something like this for my radar detector and windshield camera.
I used this because it adds more flexibility whereas the unit you show has many restrictions for space etc.

The usb splitter can be purchased separate if you need extra but I found the Accent USB port is dismal for charging a phone.

Good luck.
BEC19DC3-FC47-4D45-9C3F-BA8F126E8365.jpeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts