Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sedan just rolled over 100k. I assume plugs are due for a change.

Any insight into the ones to get? Are OEM NGK?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
NGK are the ones you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Rock Auto has them listed as OEM, but have another, much cheaper NGK Iridium listed as well as compatible.

Does it matter?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Thanks. Rock Auto has them listed as OEM, but have another, much cheaper NGK Iridium listed as well as compatible.

Does it matter?

Only to your pocket book....:smile:

·
Registered
8,174 Posts

Does it matter?

The OE one, NGK 93135 {#DILKR7A11} has a platinum ground plated tip. The cheaper one does not mention this. So if you want another 100k out of them, get the OE one.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
The cheaper plugs may not last as long but imo it's better to use a plug that gets removed every couple years. I've had to use special extraction tools or pull heads off because the plugs had 100K or better and never been removed in 7 or more years. You can buy a lot of plugs for the money you drop on a head repair.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hot off Hyundai service site with dealer login, NGK DILKR7A11 is called in the specs portion of shop manual for ignition...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

Side note - that took some time! Removal of that large piece above the plugs was a bit time consuming (though following tye manual to remove intake manifold may have led to more work).

Got it done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts