Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Go to dealer and have right front axle shaft replaced... we done maybe 3 already..

Call ahead and make sure they an axle on hand for you so you not have to show up first time and they have to order axle,, and then you come back a 2nd time..drop off night before, if they get right to it first thing in the morning, could well be done before lunch time.

Actual work time on rick is about 45 minute maybe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already booked my appointment for friday and there were all over and and knew the issue so they had axles preordered.

Just posted this cause I didnt see a similar post and wanted to notify other similar owners

·
Registered
21 Posts
I called my Hyundai dealer in Roseville, CA and he said they had three axles in stock and took care of the first three customers who came in for the recall repair. Now he says there are no axles left anywhere. He said more are on a slow boat from Korea and nobody knows when it will arrive or how many axles are on it. BTW - He has 30+ people on his waiting list.

You would think that Hyundai USA would have made sure there were sufficient axles on hand before issuing the recall notice. Or at least told their dealers not to do any recall repairs unless there was an actual axle failure. So now I have a trip to southern California planned for the end of the month and the wife and I are trying to decide to risk it or rent a car. And what happens to the person that actually experiences an axle failure? Do they have to rent a car at their own expense until an axle becomes available because Hyundai caused a run on what axles were available?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I took a long trip about 1300+ miles and haven't had an issue. I have 15k total and I will wait until i do a rotate to put the axle in at 20k.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
3 in total? or a day?
I think we done 3 total so far,, neighbor done them, I just help line it up going in, and start it coming out

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone had this repair done recently? I'm in Southern California and none of the dealers have had the axles in stock for quite a while. They have no idea when they will come in stock.

One of the dealers mentioned that during the repair process, some of the vehicles have had to had their transmissions replaced because the axle "got stuck" and that he thought Hyundai may be trying to come up with another way to repair the axle (hence the shortage of axles).

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Has anyone had this repair done recently? I'm in Southern California and none of the dealers have had the axles in stock for quite a while. They have no idea when they will come in stock.

One of the dealers mentioned that during the repair process, some of the vehicles have had to had their transmissions replaced because the axle "got stuck" and that he thought Hyundai may be trying to come up with another way to repair the axle (hence the shortage of axles).
I had mine done about 3 weeks ago.
John

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

I do not think this is true at all. These dealers must not know what they are doing to replace the trans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts