Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my daughter's '13 Santa Fe Sport with 62, 274 miles is getting the engine replacement under the warranty extension. Thank goodness they included subsequent owners, she's the 2nd owner purchased 6 months ago. Hyundai says the issue is metal shavings left in the cranks oil journals during machining. Warranty extension covers 3 or 4 years worth of vehicles. How is it that happened for that length of time!??? I believe it a bigger problem. Oh, was told by the dealership it will take roughly a month to repace the engine. They have 20+ cars ahead of her currently in for the same warranty issue!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well my daughter's '13 Santa Fe Sport with 62, 274 miles is getting the engine replacement under the warranty extension. Thank goodness they included subsequent owners, she's the 2nd owner purchased 6 months ago. Hyundai says the issue is metal shavings left in the cranks oil journals during machining. Warranty extension covers 3 or 4 years worth of vehicles. How is it that happened for that length of time!??? I believe it a bigger problem. Oh, was told by the dealership it will take roughly a month to replace the engine. They have 20+ cars ahead of her currently in for the same warranty issue!
Well my daughter's '13 Santa Fe Sport with 62, 274 miles is getting the engine replacement under the warranty extension. Thank goodness they included subsequent owners, she's the 2nd owner purchased 6 months ago. Hyundai says the issue is metal shavings left in the cranks oil journals during machining. Warranty extension covers 3 or 4 years worth of vehicles. How is it that happened for that length of time!??? I believe it's a bigger problem. Oh, was told by the dealership it will take roughly a month to replace the engine. They have 20+ cars ahead of her currently in for the same warranty issue!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts