Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
ONLY if the relay have the same part number on them, I would try to swap relay with something like the honk relay. Then you will see if the problem still occur. And you could try to honk many time to see if the relay fail sometime :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just back home this eveing so I quickly tried swopping the IG2 relay with RR HTD as they are the same part no 95220-2s000 but after 3/4 starts it failed again so swopped back. I've attached a pic of the actual cover and layout any suggestions if it might be another. I found another fuse box in the 3rd picture and tried swopping the RR HTD relay with relay for the fuel pump(I think or maybe its a heater??) its the bottom left icon on the 3rd pic. Had the same problem and I gave up as its cold here tonight. Any ideas what the relays in this box are for one looks like glow plugs the others fuel and air heaters? Will break out the scan tool again over the weekend was hoping for an easy win with the relays :(

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
I've not done any work on these newer Santa Fe models and don't have any info/diagrams for them, but I'm pretty sure the engine control relay and the fuel pump relay are both built into the EMS. Obviously if one of those relays is failing that would cause a non start.

The engine control relay would be pretty simple to check. When the engine isn't starting just measure the voltage on all those fuses on the EMS that are marked with an engine symbol. I'd imaging fuses with an engine symbol would be powered from the engine control relay. The fuel pump relay will be a little more difficult to test. There is usually a fuel pump test point that you use to check that the pump relay is switching on but I don't know where it is on your model. You could always just have someone crank it while you listen for the pump running. The pump is usually in the fuel tank under the rear seats. But you need to make sure it runs DURING CRANK. Don't assume it will be running during crank just because you hear it prime when you first switch the ignition on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I thought I had posted here I replaced the EMS and had no recurrence since int the last 6/7 months

21 - 29 of 29 Posts