Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these pictures in Korean Veracruz fan club, so it's seems that new Veracruz will be absolutelly different car:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Kandid, thanks for these photos, there awesome...

Would anyone know anything about the drivetrain on the 2012 Veracruz?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I see that the rear quarter panel window is cut like the Nissan Rouge's. Myself I don't like this as it's a blind spot when backing up to park. Infact this feature is what lead my wife to reject the Nissan's and go Hyundai.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (IXEC @ Feb 22 2011, 01:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=404937
I see that the rear quarter panel window is cut like the Nissan Rouge's. Myself I don't like this as it's a blind spot when backing up to park. Infact this feature is what lead my wife to reject the Nissan's and go Hyundai.
I think it will be full of camera and parktronic devices and, I guess it will have a auto parking system (many vendors already offer it as option)...

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts

·
1,914 Posts
Last I heard, the Veracruz is disappearing from the US lineup because there is going to be an extended version of the next gen. Santa Fe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard that Veracruz model will be "transformed" from SUV to LUV, in other words, nex generasion will be named Genesis SUV or something like that...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just saw an article on Motor Trend that Veracruz sales were flat in February (from the previous year Feb). They also suggest a redesign in 2013. What bugs me is the lack of marketing for the Veracruz in the US. The Sorrento which is very close to the internals of this car is seeing record sales, due at least in part because of the heavy advertising campaign. Many "generic" Hyundai commercials do not even show a Veracruz as part of their line. Really? Not even a 1 second cut scene? Apparently not

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Feb 23 2011, 11:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=406093
Last I heard, the Veracruz is disappearing from the US lineup because there is going to be an extended version of the next gen. Santa Fe.
But the Veracruz is just an extended Santa Fe underneath, now.

The name may disappear, to be rebadged IX55. The Santa Fe will become IX45.

·
Registered
500 Posts
QUOTE (IXEC @ Feb 21 2011, 12:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=404937
I can't agree more, the way they shape cars today puts visibiliy on the back burner... The trunks are higher, and windows are smaller. The more I look at the front, the more I see features from the Infiniti EX/FX come through. Not an exact copy, but you can deff see it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was at a dealership last night and was told they expect to have the 2012 in next month but couldn't give any details. Trying to get details as shopping for vehicle now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Friscodad @ Jun 28 2011, 09:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=468511
I was at a dealership last night and was told they expect to have the 2012 in next month but couldn't give any details. Trying to get details as shopping for vehicle now.
just picked up an '11 and was assured that the '12 was not going to be a redesign and that in fact, 2013 or '14 is the last year for it. then replacement will be on the level of a Genesis so figure mid $40k's and ultra Lux!! My dealer (form the owner's mouth) said if it is a major redesign he will put me in it free of charge, and he meant it so i'm thinking a big negative on that lol..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts