Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Tuscon and it was just recently that I noticed that the power sunroof seems to be having a problem closing. I can open it (although it moves very slowly), but when I attempt to close it, it comes to a stop. When I push the button again, it will close and I am wondering whether this is simply a lubrication issue or is it the motor itself.

Thinking worse case scenario, is the sunroof motor covered under the 5 year 100,000 KM warranty?

Any information you can give would be appreciated...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 Tuscon and it was just recently that I noticed that the power sunroof seems to be having a problem closing. I can open it (although it moves very slowly), but when I attempt to close it, it comes to a stop. When I push the button again, it will close and I am wondering whether this is simply a lubrication issue or is it the motor itself.

Thinking worse case scenario, is the sunroof motor covered under the 5 year 100,000 KM warranty?

Any information you can give would be appreciated...
Hi I had the same problem on ix35 took it to the dealer and he lubricated it I had to hold the close button and push it with my hand to close before

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been in contact with the dealer and I specifically asked if the motor was covered and the service person I spoke with said it would. That being said, she also stated that there scenarios where the issue would not be covered. I am more worried about having to replace that motor though...

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2012 Hyundai Tuscon Limited TODAY. and on my way home i opened the sunroof ALL the way and found that it wouldn't close. It would attempt to close and then back up - I immediately turned around and went back to dealer - they told me it is covered, and I will update what they did to fix... when I TEST drove it I only opened it a few inches and it worked fine...

Just thought I would throw this in the mix... Will update!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.