Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Hyundai Accent
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One function in my 2012 accent that has always annoyed me is that Bluetooth audio is stream only from my phone and has no pause/play/skip controls via the factory interface (It's illegal to touch my phone even to pause a song/podcast). I've found I can remove my radio and directly replace it with a 2015-2017 model radio unit as the pinout & connectors are the same but I need to confirm if the new model stereo has those pause/play/skip controls, or is it still audio stream only. Can anyone help out with this info?

·
Registered
2012 Hyundai Accent
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ended up purchasing a factory head unit from a 2016 Hyundai Accent and it was a 10 minute job to remove the trim around the stereo, unscrew four bolts and two plugs for the stereo and fit the new one. It's a direct replacement with the Series 2 RB accent stereo having a full colour touch screen and all steering wheel control function are maintained. I've attached a photo of the new 2016 stereo and also a comparison of the backs of the two stereos 2012 (top) vs 2016 (bottom). The only difference between the two is an additional four pin connector on the 2016 model - I don't know what this is for though

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts