Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from my dealer today asking I bring the car in for recall 30C059R0 dated 10/29/13. I told them I could not find this recall or a TSB with this date on the Hyundai Tech or recall sites. I called the Hyundai 800 number and they said they had nothing on it and to call the dealer. They said this is an ECU upgrade but the car was in for 15K service and warranty replacement of steering wheel trim piece (twice) last week and it was not done then. Does anyone know anything about this recall #?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had this done at the dealer today. Software update, took about 90 minutes. The dealer looked at the documentation and said all it stated was it was to improve driving performance, and did not state anything specific. We will see.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
30C059R0 is not a recall number... that is the OP CODE used when Waranty clerk enters data to Hyundai Warranty site when filing claim to get dealer paid by Hyundai..

Public Hyundai service site does not publish recall info, that supposed to be dealer only info, but there is those that leak the info out.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*****RETAIL VEHICLES*****
Dealers must perform this Campaign on all affected vehicles whenever an affected vehicle is in the shop for any maintenance or repair.

When a vehicle arrives at the Service Department, access Hyundai Motor America's "Warranty Vehicle Information" screen via WEBDCS to identify open Campaigns.

(Every car that enter service aisle for service per Hyundai franchise agreement rules)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEV MULTI-ECU UPDATE (VER.2) - (SERVICE CAMPAIGN TQ8)

Description:

This bulletin provides information related to software update of the following controllers: ECM/TCM/HCU/MCU/AHB/OPU by GDS Event#302, and BMS by Event#303.

This ECU Update provides vehicle drivability refinements.

Applicable Vehicles:

2012MY SONATA (YF) 2.4L Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) produced between November 2, 2011 to January 17, 2012.

GDS Information:

EVENT # DESCRIPTION

302 ECM/TCM/HCU/MCU/AHB/OPU YF HEV 11/12MY DRIVING PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT(VER.2)

303 BMS YF HEV 11/12MY DRIVING PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT(VER.2)-BMS."

Warranty Information:
deleted

HEV Multi-ECU Update Service Procedure Summary:

Follow all 4 steps below and detailed instructions of this TSB to ensure success. Since this is a long complex ECU Update (30 mins) it requires adequate vehicle preparation and multiple resets. All 7 ECU updated should result in “OK”. Further steps must be taken if any are “FAIL”. Test drive must be performed followed by HEV Calibrations at warmed up powertrain condition.

1. Auto Mode ECU Update of 7 ECU sequentially as initiated from the Engine System:

 Event #302 - ECU Update of TCM/HCU/MCU/AHB/OPU.

 Event #303 - ECU Update of BMS.

----------------------------------------------------------

Some where I may have pics of screen shots for the VERS-2 update in the Hybrid forum. (see next post below)

·
Registered
660 Posts
So what is so different about the 2012 from the 2011 that it needs it's own update?? I thought that they were nearly identical???

Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts