Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When will the 2012 be released? I assume there will be no major changes? Also, how long do you think this current generation will last before a major redesign? Thanks! Have a Camry, considering a first Hyundai.

·
Registered
675 Posts
:00000732: to the forum Moonrock.
Why wait for 2012 when you can get one now?
You could get a regular 4 cyl. in 3 trim levels.
A turbo model is coming out soon.
Also a hybrid will be coming.
I read that redesigns happen every 5 yrs. or so, but I could be wrong. Good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
2012 will arrive around August / September 2011 so a full year away still. Reason for this is the 2011 was a early release. August - October of each year is when the next model year comes out.

Redesigns normally occurs in 5 or 6 years with a refresh normally around year 3 or 4. Refresh normally are minor changes like new headlight, tailights, grill or bumper. Unless there was something that really needed work. For example last gen Sonata's refresh also included a whole new interior layout due to complaints from consumers and reviewers that it was bland. But Hyundai did a great job with this Sonata that I don't expect the refresh to bring anything major.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, do you think I'd be happier buying a Sonata than another Camry? From what I can see a comparable Sonata would probably go out the door around here for maybe $700 less than the Camry. Not as much as the differential used to be. I guess this is a bad question to ask on a Hyundai board :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
The 2012 Camry will be a new design. You would probably be better off with a Sonata or wait til next year for the Camry. No point in getting a Camry right now since they're going to be outdated in a year.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (moonrock @ Sep 12 2010, 06:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355891
So, do you think I'd be happier buying a Sonata than another Camry? From what I can see a comparable Sonata would probably go out the door around here for maybe $700 less than the Camry. Not as much as the differential used to be. I guess this is a bad question to ask on a Hyundai board :)
It depends on what you mean by "comparable".

If you mean a 4 door family sedan with a 4 cylinder engine and a decent sized trunk, then yes, the Camry probably does compare.

But if you mean comparable in terms of 200 HP and 35 MPG, and all of the standard features that you can get on a mid level Sonata compared to a mid level Camry, then they don't compare at all. The Sonata blows away the Camry in terms of "bells and whistles" horse power, and fuel economy, for the price.

Of course, as others have said, a new Camry is coming soon and I dont doubt that Toyota will improve the car. One thing I do think is safe though, is that Toyota has never been a company known to make huge leaps in terms of styling. They have always been very conservative with the look of their popular cars, so Im willing to bet that the current generation Sonata will still look better than any new Camry that is on the horizon...of course styling is always a matter of opinion too! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts