Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd start a discussion on what changes/improvements we may see in the 2012 Sonata in the US specifically, but other countries, too, noting that some features already exist on 2011's outside of the US.

I'll start with an obvious prediction: there will be one or two new "2012" colors, possibly something with green and maybe a dark red/maroon. Maybe we'll lose a few of the current colors, too - probably not the black, white, or silver though.

My guess is that the 2012 will include or offer an HID headlight option and maybe power folding side mirrors (the current US ones are manually foldable).

Anyone else want to make a prediction?

One thing I"m sure - whatever changes there are, I'm going to be saying "Dang, I wouldn't mind that" or something similar.

:)

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Aug 9 2010, 02:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348189
Just thought I'd start a discussion on what changes/improvements we may see in the 2012 Sonata in the US specifically, but other countries, too, noting that some features already exist on 2011's outside of the US.

I'll start with an obvious prediction: there will be one or two new "2012" colors, possibly something with green and maybe a dark red/maroon. Maybe we'll lose a few of the current colors, too - probably not the black, white, or silver though.

My guess is that the 2012 will include or offer an HID headlight option and maybe power folding side mirrors (the current US ones are manually foldable).

One thing I"m sure - whatever changes there are, I'm going to be saying "Dang, I wouldn't mind that" or something similar.

I actually read somewhere that Hyundai is already planning a different nav system with a 7" screen to replace the 6.5" model currently available.

Beyond that, I dont see much changing unless its to correct something from the '11s like the weak horn. Most cars dont receive many changes the first year after a complete refresh (yes I know the '11 Mustang got two completely new engines in the second year of the current generation).

But if I had my WISH, yes, I would like to see HIDs and a couple other options like power passenger seat become available! :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
I predict a 2012 mayan calender included with every purchase.
:grin:

I don't for see too many changes, I don't really care much either unless it's something I can add to mine for improvement!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Aug 9 2010, 03:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348191
I actually read somewhere that Hyundai is already planning a different nav system with a 7" screen to replace the 6.5" model currently available.
Dang - I know I'm gonna want that!

Although, so far I'm OK with the current one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
A Hyundai salesman that I spoke with mentioned:

1) Bigger nav screen
2) Power passenger seat
3) Seat position memory

Believe me though, sales people are not always as well-informed as you might think.

·
Registered
106 Posts
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Aug 9 2010, 03:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348189

i wouldlike to see them put a six back in them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You never know...After only one year of the new Taurus, Ford quit the Atlantis Green for the SHO. Also changes of the Steel Blue to Kona and Cinnamon to something else.Added Steel Gray.

I'd like to see a second, darker, gray paint choice...just as Nissan does with the Altima. BMW with theirs, etc.(The previous Sonata had a darker gray that would look super sharp on this car.)

Also, the black interior should be available across the whole line.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (Hues @ Aug 9 2010, 08:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348250
Also, the black interior should be available across the whole line.
I agree with that, and maybe that will be one of the changes.

I'd like to see black pillars and headliner, too. The gray, at least to me, looks out of place on the Wine/black interior.

They could do this change mid-year even.

·
Registered
650 Posts
QUOTE (Charade @ Aug 9 2010, 10:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348320
something that will **** me off for buying a first model year unit.

Lmfao. Nice dude.

My predictions are as follows. Since the 2011 sonatas were released early 2010. They launched them to the "Ginny pigs" to fix flaws for the actual 2011 year.

But my equipment predictions aren't different from any of the earlier posts.

·
Registered
172 Posts
QUOTE (arruda89 @ Aug 10 2010, 12:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348346
My predictions are as follows. Since the 2011 sonatas were released early 2010. They launched them to the "Ginny pigs" to fix flaws for the actual 2011 year.
It all depends on nature of the flaws.
If it is an error such as missing or wrong part issue, it can be easily rectified right away.
If it is a design issue, say "too much artificial steering feeling", it will take a few years to get remedied or sometimes NEVER get improved during the life cycle of that model.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The last time I bought a first year next gen model was a 1999 mustang... I bought the manual model and they had put cup holders right in front of the shifter. If you had anything in the cup holder taller than a can, the shifter would hit it and sometimes not engage into gear without having to move the cup or whatever. In 2000 they moved the cup holders.

One thing the sonata has that's not as helpful as it sounds is the "ipod/iphone" holder. Oh and a rear 12v jack would be nice for portable dvd players.

·
Registered
123 Posts
QUOTE (Mobile11 @ Aug 10 2010, 06:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348502
One thing the sonata has that's not as helpful as it sounds is the "ipod/iphone" holder. Oh and a rear 12v jack would be nice for portable dvd players.
what's the holder you speak of? there are 4 locations that i can think of... passenger left leg pocket, top console compartment, under sereo controls latched compartment or the box compartment that has the 12v/usb connections?

THings to add:
better radio controls
power passanger seat
better horn
SE with side mirror signals
sunroof only option
???

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (psuath @ Aug 11 2010, 11:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348670
what's the holder you speak of? there are 4 locations that i can think of... passenger left leg pocket, top console compartment, under sereo controls latched compartment or the box compartment that has the 12v/usb connections?

THings to add:
better radio controls
power passanger seat
better horn
SE with side mirror signals
sunroof only option
???
Just the tiny whatever you call it next to the gear shift.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts