Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first of all thanks to the regulars here, lots of very good info on these boards, glad to know everything I that has popped up in the last few months with my Sonata is pretty common...I guess that's a good thing at least?

Because of you guys I'll be rolling into the dealer this Friday at about 99,850 miles to get the steering coupling replaced under the 100k extended warranty hehe. Also getting the engine check for the knock/metal debris issue, we'll see how that goes...haven't heard what I would call knocking but I'm not exactly sure what that would sound like anyway!

The other common problem seems to be the transmission temp sensor going bad, and now I've been getting P0713 codes thrown. First time it came up I figured I just needed to change the transmission fluid, so got that done, but it keeps coming back so seems my sensor needs to be replaced. As I understand there is a tech bulletin in relation to this, but that is just telling the mechanic to replace the sensor first to see if it fixes the error codes right, there's not an extended warranty or anything? I'm second owner unfortunately so my regular warranty is long gone...what is a reasonable price for that you think, I've seen between 400 and 700 on this forum? Is there concern of damage if I don't get it replaced immediately? I can clear the code and it drives fine 99% of the time, it's like the shifting only gets jumpy if the sensor starts acting up, but then it will throw the light back on which actually seems to stop the jumpy shifts (I assume it's going into some pre-set shifting mode and ignoring the sensor at that point?)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts