Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..hoping for guidance. Car has 80,000 km has been running good but 8 weeks ago turbo started to come off and on. Error code about faulty wastegate. It has been changed and adjusted by the dealer. Same issue. Dealer said turbo needs changing. Went to another mecanic and same diagnostic. When i turn the car off, it restarts and use to last longer but now seems to come back off faster. I changed the turbo sensor and still same issue. Still not convinced turbo needs replacement. Lever on wastegate moves freely and took apart the intake hose from the turbo amd turbine looks new and turns freely. Any ideas on what else to check? Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Grauto for your feedback. I was reading stuff about the oil line going to the turbo that could be blocked..could be changed. Do you think that it going be related to my issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it's reading something about the Wastegate cilonoid I had a similar problem. I I looked up videos and all I did was twist the rod leading to the wastegate. They require a specific voltage from 3.9v - 4.1v.

This helped me in my case I don't know if that might be your problem or if it's something else

1 - 4 of 4 Posts