Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been experiencing as much 3" to 4" of brake pedal travel on fast stops at highway speed. The faster I need to stop the more the travel of the pedal. A new master cylinder was put on a few thousand miles ago, which was again checked by the shop for proper operation. I took it to the shop, they couldn't find anything wrong with but agreed the pedal was traveling a lot on fast stops. Even in city driving it travels more than my wife's car or any rental i drive. Most cars only have 1/2 to 1" travel for a full stop. They also mention about the ABS pump check vales sticking too. The shop said the research they did says this model has a lot of complaints on this and have to have some kind of braking control module replace at $1200 to $1500 and it was a dealer item. Called the dealer to schedule my car to get in there (on Sat 2/22). I ask them about what my shop said and they said they weren't aware of a lot of issues like this.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Normally there are only a couple reasons, air in the system or caliper sliders frozen
not allowing it to adjust for pad wear.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I ask them about what my shop said and they said they weren't aware of a lot of issues like this.
Dealerships are reluctant to admit knowledge of problems with their product.
Even with widely known ones service writers etc. will act like no one has ever come in before with, for instance, their Toyota with a sludged up engine or Honda with a flakey auto trans.
I think they're trained to always lead with denial.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Dealerships are reluctant to admit knowledge of problems with their product.
Even with widely known ones service writers etc. will act like no one has ever come in before with, for instance, their Toyota with a sludged up engine or Honda with a flakey auto trans.
I think they're trained to always lead with denial.
even better: "oh, they all do/sound like that"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your reply Turbo nut - "caliper sliders frozen not allowing it to adjust for pad wear." is a suggestion I have not hear yet. I will mention this to dealer on Saturday.
Thanks for your reply Esully - The shop did check air in the lines as this has been an issue with this car in past (shop did not know about the proper way to bleed Hyundai brake lines, now they do), but thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully the dealer figures it out. It is a bit unnerving when I have to do a fast stop at highway speeds?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts