Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a couple of quick questions that i'm hoping anyone with this model will be able to answer easily.

Firstly:
Do all the switches on the drivers door light up when the lights are turned on? i noticed recently that the window lock button, the door mirror fold button, and the door mirror controls don't light up in mine and i don't think they ever have. it seems strange to me that some would and others wouldn't.

Secondly:
My highlander model uses the proximity key and push button start, but recently i'm sure the function has changed. If one of the keys is left in the car and you press the button on one of the door handles to lock it, the car will beep to warn you you've left keys in the car.
While my car still does this, it does let you lock the key in the car with the other key/remote. once it has, you cannot open the car again without the key, despite the prox key being inside.

My dealer has told me both are normal, but i'm SURE i have many times in the past walked into my kitchen and used the key to lock my car only to swear a little and have to go back because the car is beeping due to my wife leaving her bags and keys in the car.
Now though (since they replaced a faulty stereo) it just locks. i then leave for work in the other car and my wife can't get into this one.

If someone with the same model can confirm this is normal, i'll leave the dealer alone and tell my wife to keep track of her keys better, but if it's not, then i'm going back to the dealer to complain about them lying to my face.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
89 Posts
None of the mirror controls have illumination. All of the window controls backlight.

It is possible to lock a secondary key in the car without problem and no beep if you press the remote button. The door will not open when the release button on the door is pressed in this situation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pracshooter. that answers my questions perfectly. looks like i have to get the wife to sort out her key discipline :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts