Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys, please advise on what the best options are to sorting out this problem and where would be the best sources for parts. I am distraught and losing my mind on why this happened, I sent someone to pick up the vehicle from the port and on the way, he had this mishap.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Well, guess the car should be totaled, but if repaired wanted, just start with the needed items.
Assuming you're not in the US, depends on quality of repair wanted, and vehicle laws in your area, but the hardest part will be fixing the roof to be able to seal the windshield properly, the R/F door assembly, headlight assembly, rear door glass, and if both airbags deployed that needs to be addressed.
If not in the US, not certain as to used parts available, but here a R/F door can be had for >$75, windshield $100, air bags, wheel $70, pass. dash $60, and if roof air bags inflated, $50 each.
Only problem is someone to do all the work and especially with the air bags being reset, and still the car will have body damage, rear door, hood, bumper cover and other damaged parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, guess the car should be totaled, but if repaired wanted, just start with the needed items.
Assuming you're not in the US, depends on quality of repair wanted, and vehicle laws in your area, but the hardest part will be fixing the roof to be able to seal the windshield properly, the R/F door assembly, headlight assembly, rear door glass, and if both airbags deployed that needs to be addressed.
If not in the US, not certain as to used parts available, but here a R/F door can be had for >$75, windshield $100, air bags, wheel $70, pass. dash $60, and if roof air bags inflated, $50 each.
Only problem is someone to do all the work and especially with the air bags being reset, and still the car will have body damage, rear door, hood, bumper cover and other damaged parts.
Thanks for this valuable info, would you have any website links where I can order those parts from? I am not currently in the US.

One other thing I need to be sure of;

For example I have been searching for a headlamp for a 2012 Santa fe DM part number 921012w100

but I keep finding Santafe DM 2014 921012W100 - Here the part number is exact same one but the model for year is different -- Can this fit?

I also find Santa Fe DM 2013 921022W100 - Here the part number is slightly different and year is different too -- Can this fit?

The costs you have mentioned are at least better than what I have been finding online, so please avail me the source of your parts.

Best regards

·
Registered
157 Posts
My guess is totaled. That roof/ A pillar took a hard hit. Does the transporter have insurance? Did you have insurance? Often times a full coverage policy is required when transporting vehicles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts