Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've got a 2012 Limited w Nav, that is still using the original factory installed data set for maps and its OS. I know there was at least one update since buying the car (dealers were charging $300+ for it as I recall), but unsure if there were any other additional updates as well.

My understanding is that it would update the street maps with more up to date data, but also change the layout and some operating functions as well.

My current system says the following:

Model: TMU
Version C11REL1
ESN Number: A1000010E0D37A

One issue I've had is ever since I upgraded from my old Galaxy S4 back in early 2014, the car would completely fail to upload any contact information or phone book entries. I can still make and receive calls, but the on screen system no longer tells me who it is. I have also completely lost the "Call...Name...On Cell Phone" voice dialing functionality as well.

Would a software update be a guaranteed fix for those sort of issues? Hoping a current tech might have the info...

Thanks!

Brian~

·
Registered
22 Posts
NAV system

Not sure if anyone responded to you yet but I believe MapNSoft is the company that handles the NAV system for Hyundai's here in North America. Here is the link for 2012 Sonata's:

It's $145 and you need minimum 16GB flash drive to download off of your computer then insert into USB in vehicle (make sure usb port is still working in car first as always).

~W

·
Registered
22 Posts
Website

Hi Guys,

I've got a 2012 Limited w Nav, that is still using the original factory installed data set for maps and its OS. I know there was at least one update since buying the car (dealers were charging $300+ for it as I recall), but unsure if there were any other additional updates as well.

My understanding is that it would update the street maps with more up to date data, but also change the layout and some operating functions as well.

My current system says the following:

Model: TMU
Version C11REL1
ESN Number: A1000010E0D37A

One issue I've had is ever since I upgraded from my old Galaxy S4 back in early 2014, the car would completely fail to upload any contact information or phone book entries. I can still make and receive calls, but the on screen system no longer tells me who it is. I have also completely lost the "Call...Name...On Cell Phone" voice dialing functionality as well.

Would a software update be a guaranteed fix for those sort of issues? Hoping a current tech might have the info...

Thanks!

Brian~
Wouldn't let me include the website until I hit 5 posts which that was my fifth post. Here ya go:

https://www.mapnsoft.com/hyundai/map-updates/hyundai-sonata-2012-v12.html

·
Registered
439 Posts
If we buy thru mapnsoft, does that also update the nav system like it would from the dealer?
Or is this the same exact update the dealer performs?

·
Registered
22 Posts
If we buy thru mapnsoft, does that also update the nav system like it would from the dealer?
Or is this the same exact update the dealer performs?
As I understand it yes Acura and MapNSoft is the sole provider of maps for Hyundai here. But I have never updated through the dealership so I can not say that definitively. That said there is a long sticky thread about MapNSoft in the general non-model specific forum you can find here that may answer questions for you:

https://www.hyundai-forums.com/gene...consolidated-mapnsoft-threads-$99-update.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts