Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Hyundai Elantra Limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Guys, girlfriend has an 2012 Elantra Limited with 162k miles.
Recently, it has started to hesitate or cough at around 30-35 mph, the battery light will blink, starts right back as if nothing has happened. No codes, new battery, new alternator, mechanic rode around in it with a scanner, no issues with fuel or MAP, cleaned the throttle body, relearned the TB. everything else is fine. Weird part is, it doesn't do it all that often, but the girlfriend is worried.
Any Ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet, I'm guessing those in the engine bay would be of priority first.
Specifically, battery to frame and engine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did check them, and got to thinking, if that was an issue, I'd have issues starting as well.
Anyway, found the ground for the engine on the back left side, and the battery ground on the right side.
Both looked good, but lossened them and re-tightened, while I changed the spark plugs.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Did check them, and got to thinking, if that was an issue, I'd have issues starting as well.
Anyway, found the ground for the engine on the back left side, and the battery ground on the right side.
Both looked good, but lossened them and re-tightened, while I changed the spark plugs.
remove the paint under the ground to bare metal. Apply dielectric grease and re-secure the ground bolt.

·
Registered
785 Posts
FYI, When reconnecting the ground cables, it's ideal to apply the grease after you have made the connection.

Can you confirm that your belt tension was set correctly when the alternator was replaced?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts