Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2012 IX35 Highlander. I have my phone connected via Bluetooth but when I call people they can barely hear me. No idea where the microphone is if there is one and not sure how to fix this issue as it is very frustrating as I need to use the phone on the road for my job.

Any tips or suggestions how to fix this issue

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The microphone should be on the head liner above the driver...
View attachment 447341

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated
Just checked the whole car and no microphone. So this would explain why the sound is so horrible as it is purely from my phone microphone. Any ideas if I can have a microphone put in the car to work with the cars Bluetooth system or will it cost a bomb

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,371 Posts
The microphone part number is 96575 1M0008M. Costs about £25 on ebay. I guess that'll be about $50 down under.
I doubt the wiring for it will be there so there would probably be about 1 hour labour to fit it. I don't know what garages charge for labour where you live.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The microphone part number is 96575 1M0008M. Costs about £25 on ebay. I guess that'll be about $50 down under.
I doubt the wiring for it will be there so there would probably be about 1 hour labour to fit it. I don't know what garages charge for labour where you live.

I'd check that part number

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The Mic fitted into the headlining was for production from May 2012. I know generally they had the mic in some Hyundai audio units embedded in the head unit. Looks like Bluetooth was not in the first lot of 2010 models going on some motoring reviews

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
So inthe ix35 if it has one roof mounted, this is LHD. Like sparks image but more into the corner and outside the drivers side sunvisor outline.Prior to the 2012 may update, I don't see any Mic in the circuit diagrams and that also suggests it's internal in the headunit.

·
Registered
14,371 Posts
and I believe this was the update and the one with the roof mounted mic
I believe that is a navigation system, so it's not an update to the standard head unit. It's a completely different system.
And the unit you posted the picture of earlier has a connection for an external microphone. I've never actually seen a factory head unit with the microphone built in. I suspect diagrams that don't show an external microphone are for radios that don't need a mic because they don't have built in bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I believe that is a navigation system, so it's not an update to the standard head unit. It's a completely different system.
And the unit you posted the picture of earlier has a connection for an external microphone. I've never actually seen a factory head unit with the microphone built in. I suspect diagrams that don't show an external microphone are for radios that don't need a mic because they don't have built in bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The pinouts on the audio do show Mic + -, but not until I look at 2012 schematics I see a mic . The images are of actual headunits fitted to Aussie Highlanders, pre May 2012 and the updated models after.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Aussie iload/imax. It could be these are unique versions to our market, both examples have a Mic internal

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
LM-01

6 disc , bluetooth - missing logo?
961702S200TAN , A-300LMEGAN

LM-02

LM-03

NAV UNIT, LAN8929EHLM, LND1420IWLM

I see Mic holes in LM-01, -02, and -03. The 6 stacker is the one I'm struggling to nail down

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
This is a unit fitted to Highlander AWD CRDi. looks like Mic hole in the fascia. The compliance plate of this vehicle, 01/12 and was built 24 Nov 2011

·
Registered
14,371 Posts
It could be these are unique versions to our market
It could be. Or it could be I've just never had to work on a car that has been fitted with one of those units. Either way, I've never seen one before.
And if that is what is in the OP's car it explains the bad outgoing audio. Having the mic fitted in the dash where everything creaks & rattles is just dumb. Obviously someone at Hyundai realised it was dumb and they moved on to roof mounted mics on later models.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts