Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have a 2012 i800 that only yesterday started to show an issue under acceleration predominantly in third gear. The car will pull away in first and second fine but if you accelerate up to 2500-3000rpm it suddenly hits a flat spot and resists any increase in revs or speed with an judder. No issue up until yesterday and only thing i did that was different was put a full tank of fuel in rather than half. This happens on the flat and or an incline and no warning lights have been displayed fro ecu.
I dont often push the engine to that rpm and was climbing an incline when it first happened. It ran after that for a 120 miles with no other issues and it was serviced in May. 60000 miles on the clock , second owner. No oil leaks or other obvious issues apparent. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Matt.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,351 Posts
I would try disconnecting the MAF sensor then test drive to see if there is any improvement. If so a faulty MAF would seem a likely cause of the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, will try later and update.
Unlike aforementioned power loss van will pull all the way up to 80+ but just feels like a fuelling issue at 3000rpm in third. Once through it or if i change gear and drop to 2000rpm it runs fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unplugged the MAF and drove this morning but still intermitently lumpy when in gear under load between 2000 and 3000rpm in 2nd 3rd and 4th. Out of gear idles fine and revs smoothly through to 4000rpm when still out of gear. Problem is purely when in gear under acceleration. Vpower diesel in tank. Believe problem started after putting supermarket fuel in although this may be coincidence. Putting CAT system cleaner in later today. This is a manual van.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked up 0087 code, Fuel system inspected and filter change, so far so good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts