Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Did you contact dealer about getting a new engine? My 2013 with 140K miles was covered under warranty. I almost sold it for cheap money on Craig's List. Now my son has a car and it's still running great.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
The thread is 2 1/2 yrs old, he's probably done something with it by now!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you contact dealer about getting a new engine? My 2013 with 140K miles was covered under warranty. I almost sold it for cheap money on Craig's List. Now my son has a car and it's still running great.
We bought a 2013 Sonata and a week after we got it home the engine blew. Hyundai is refusing to fix it because the previous owner did not get the recall done. I was wondering if you had the recall done? The car is over by 600 miles. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 2013 sonata got a new engine at 125k. Dont discount it too soon,. you may indeed be eligible for a new motor!!!!!
I was wondering if you had the knock sensor recall done before they replaced your engine? We just bought a 2013 Sonata with 120,632 miles and a week later the engine blew. Hyundai refuses to replace the engine because the previous owner did not do the recall.
Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
We bought a 2013 Sonata and a week after we got it home the engine blew. Hyundai is refusing to fix it because the previous owner did not get the recall done. I was wondering if you had the recall done? The car is over by 600 miles. Thanks!
For the knock sensor you mean? No, I did no perform any since it was so old and I heard some ppl having false warnings causing the car to go into limp mode. I think Hyundai should definitly fix your car. I was never asked about previous owners, although I bought it certified used from a dealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts