Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sonata did not start because a starter cable became disconnect. It looks like the connector was damaged. I am trying to find out what the name or part number for this connector. The dealership does not want to replace just the connector. They want to rewire the whole system for $1800. Is there any way to find this connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,311 Posts
The actual terminal doesn't look damaged. You can just refit that and it'll probably be fine. It doesn't really need the plastic part.
The terminal looks like a 6.3mm lucar terminal (aka spade terminal). If you want to replace it you should be able to buy a fully insulated crimp on terminal at any decent parts store...
Fully Insulated 6.3mm Lucar Terminal
Insulated Terminal Crimping Tool

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The actual terminal doesn't look damaged. You can just refit that and it'll probably be fine. It doesn't really need the plastic part.
The terminal looks like a 6.3mm lucar terminal (aka spade terminal). If you want to replace it you should be able to buy a fully insulated crimp on terminal at any decent parts store...
Fully Insulated 6.3mm Lucar Terminal
Insulated Terminal Crimping Tool

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated
Thank you! I was just worried about it falling out again. I will just wait and see if it stays in place.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
You could try some shrink tubing or just electrical tape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts