Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wasn't able to find much about this issue searching through the forums so I figured I'd make a post to help out people who have this issue with their Equus in the future.

I recently purchased a 2012 Hyundai Equus with 46k miles and it was very cheap due to an issue with the brakes. The problem was that the brake pedal would go almost all the way to the floor making it pretty dangerous to drive. The brake pedal had pressure when the car was off but as soon as I would start the car, the brake pedal would go to the floor. No lights on the dash indicating any errors or anything.

Now all of the brake pads and rotors look to be in great condition and there are no brake fluid leaks anywhere, so my initial idea was to change the master cylinder and bleed the system. After spending about $100 and changing the master cylinder I had no luck. I figured it wasn't the brake booster so the only other thing left to go wrong would be the ABS pump. This is a part that the dealership would charge upwards of $2,000 to fix ($1800 part brand new from Hyundai). I found one used at a junkyard for $150 and had it installed by a local mechanic and problem solved. Now the brakes feel brand new.

So the solution for this issue: If it's not the master cylinder it's probably the ABS module. Buy a used ABS module from a junkyard or eBay for around $150-200, install it and problem solved.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts