Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all had my M/T accent hatchback for about a year and half (22k miles), was loving the car for the most part, but since I got the car I've had to change tires 3 times due to air bubbles in my tires. I live in metro NY not the greatest roads, but I've never had an issue like this with previous cars I drove. Wanted to join the forum to see what other others think of the suspension on this car. Thanks

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
What brand of tires, they are the stock tires I assume. I have the same cars with 16K miles and have had no problems here. My Accent came with Kumos Solus brand of tires. The roads I drive are generally OK, with some patches off very rough.

·
Registered
484 Posts
We have GS hatchback with 14” wheels and just over 30k. Original tires that are just getting to tread wear indicators on two tires. I will be replacing within a month. They were rotated ever 7.5k with moderate road conditions but had no air bubbles. I believe the 16” tires have a lower profile which might not take potholes as well.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I've still got the stock Kumho 16's on my 2012. (7,200 mles so far) I haven't had any problem with them.

Where are the air bubbles forming? Do you mean bulges on the sidewalls?

·
Registered
305 Posts
You don't mention which tires came on your SE so I'll assume it's the Kumho Solus KH25. These, much like any OEM tire of most brands, aren't the greatest but are adequate in most situations minus snow. I only had an issue with a puncture before replacing my KH25 at 4K miles. No bubbles or other problems. Why are you saying it might be the suspension? Have you replaced the tires with different brands and you're still having the same issue? I've had three cars ( including the Accent ) with 50 series tires and I've never had issues related to their profile creating problems.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Have the bubbles occurred in the sidewall or the treads? Have they occurred on the same rim or different rims? Did you only replace the affected tire each time or the whole set?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a little bubble on one of mine. They aren't the best for potholes. I don't think it is the suspension, just cheaper tires. Make sure to keep good pressure in them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts