Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else lost/had keys stolen and needed to replace one of your smart key fobs? I just called a few dealers (in Los Angeles) and they are charging $300 for the Smart Key and $115 to reprogram the keys. Anyone find a cheaper way to replace their lost keys?

Thanks!

:cool:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Sounds about right. They are VERY expensive to replace and I think only the dealer can program them. Did you try to look on ebay or amazon for a remote?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked on both Amazon and Ebay and found what looks like (and what the descriptions say) are the right smart key fob replacements for between $50-$100. I just wanted to see if anyone else had gone this route and what their experience was like (did buying off ebay work/did the get taken/etc).

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Save yourself the grief, buy new in box remote at dealer.. when programed, VIN+Immobilizer info put into Smartkey.. they is a 1 time use only.. you CANNOT buy somebody used Smartkey and think you is going to have it programmed to work with your car.. wont happen.

Only Smartkey that has been prviously written to your module, or a new in box Smartkey can be written to your car.

The Smartkey is right at $200 or a few dollar less, add for program.. both (if applicable have to be entered at time of program, cannot do 1, then come back later and do a 2nd,, as soon as you enter program mode, slate is wiped clean and you enter 1 or 2 at that sitting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SBR711, if they are one time use only, then does that mean I will have to buy 2 new keys since they will need to reprogram both of the keys (new one I buy plus old one I currently have)?

·
Registered
14 Posts
you can buy the smart key fob from ebay as long as it's new and unused (it's around $100 online and usually $200+ at the dealership) and bring it to the dealer to have it programmed. You just have to called around and ask for the programming fee since you'll bring your own key to them. programming fee is typically around $100-150.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts