Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this car yesterday from a dealer (CPO) and it's been raining a lot lately here in North Carolina. I was showing my car to my brother when I lifted the cover to reveal the spare tire and noticed the must smell that was not present when I test drove it the week prior.
I got home and pulled out the cover and there was a small amount of standing water in the spare tire well. I pulled the tire and drained the water (rubber plug) and then wiped it all up with a towel.
Later I was showing it to my Dad and noticed some more water back there, so it appears to have continued leaking.
The car has a clean history (no wrecks) and all of the weld seams back there appear original so trying to understand how an undamaged car is having this kind of leak.

On another note, anyone want to share their radio settings for speakers fade/balance and equalizer?

Thanks,

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is your 2012 Genesis 4.6 or 5.0?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the 3.8L with both premium and tech options.

As an update, I drove through pretty hard rain for about a half our and checked the trunk when I got home. It was dry.
So now I'm hoping when the dealership washed the car (maybe pressure washed) that it forced water into the trunk, making this a one-time fluke. This weekend I'm going to run a hose over it and see what happens.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ran a hose over the passenger rear of the car and the trunk leaked.

It appears to be coming in through the taillight hole inside the trunk. I'm going to see what Hendrick Lexus of Northlake will do since I noticed the problem the day of purchase and it is covered by a couple of warranties.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts