Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this 2012 Genesis sedan 3.8l with the Premium and Technology packages for an insane $1300.00! With only 114,781 miles. Runs perfectly!

After replacing the Driver's door glass, the Battery, the Rearview mirror and the Windshield. I took it over for a California SMOG test..

It failed with a P0420.. Bank 1 efficiency below Threshold..

The Test Station idiot said I need a new Catalytic converter (based on a sensor BEFORE the converter??馃え)!?

The car has a lot of minor damage, including a seriously damaged under carriage plastic cover. I'm guessing damage to the Wires, or sensor itself.

The car sat unused for nearly 16 months before the test (with a half tank of fresh Premium fuel).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Registered
More than likely you need that cat.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
MIGHT be this damage to the flex pipe 3" from the Driver's side Bank 1 sensor too!

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know if this Flex Pipe is the same on the Coupe AND the Sedan?

Some on Ebay say Coupe, some just say Genesis V6 but don't specify Sedan or Coupe.

When I ask, they say that they post everything they know.. which doesn't include Coupe or Sedan. Leading me to believe it MIGHT be the same on both?? 馃

Registered
Rock Auto list the pipes for the Genesis 3.8L but not the 4.6L or 5L or Genesis Coupe. They show the flex pipe as one piece with the whole pipe. You can get individual left and right pipes though.
This would lead me to believe they are not the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts