Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Freezing screen

Have the same problem with my sedan 3.8 2012 since few weeks it seem that happen when I stop the car on the GPS mode. And when I restart the car the screen is freeze on the genesis welcome
My dealer made a update of the software last week and so far so Good

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know why the stock navigation screen freeze with the Hyundai logo stuck in the screen. The radio still works but can't see the station or ac temp or navigation map.
My dealer made a update of the software last week and so far so Good

·
Registered
1 Posts
AV Off icon visible and radio/NAV/bluelink not working

I've had my 2013 Genesis (V6) with premium and tech packages less than a week. Started car this evening and nothing was working (stereo, nav screen, bluelink, etc., were all dead). The dash was showing an icon that stated AV OFF (which wasn't an available mode before all this happened. Any ideas? Taking it back to dealership tomorrow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 Genesis Navigation unit problems

This is an update to an earlier post. The navigation unit was intermittently freezing at the Genesis logo screen. The dealer replaced the unit with a refurbished unit and the problem remained. They then replaced with a new unit and that fixed that problem and the unit performed well for about six months. Now the unit randomly freezes (won't accept any button input) and in route mode the GPS maps suddenly take off as though the route was being navigated by an F-15. In addition the unit displays unsolicited query screens (e.g. Do you want to set way points Y or N) and changes languages on the fly ... totally whacked!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2104. The screen came on and displayed a red overlay and rebooted to no avail. Opening the door and closing and restarting trips something. Have not seen it crash in a day so maybe the take my time prior to starting approach works. Either way, they should fix this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got 2012 Genesis 4dr for my wife and she loves it however the touch screen does not work it lights up and is on the warning screen that wants me to hit accept but does not work. I can use the side buttons to get it to radio and then manual scan for channels and get that to work. But funny part is I bought a used screen off ebay and put it in and it did the same thing lights up and stuff but touch part does not work at all. Does anyone know a trick to adjust the touch maybe? Any input would be great. I called my dealer and they said they did not know of any problems with them but as I can see from this post there is issues. Or is there bypass to still control some of the adjustments without using the touch only. thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
This has happened to my '11 Genesis coupe about 10 times. Let me warn you all that the display screen/navigation screen, etc. are only covered by warranty until 3 years/36,000 miles.

So make sure you get to the dealership and hopefully get the problem resolved by then. To be honest with you, they will never get this issue totally fixed. I am looking at trading in the car b/c it will cost thousands to get this fixed now that it's out of warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have 2011 GENESIS , KMHGC4DE4BU130695, ODOMETER :8,919 miles. I was told I have a 10 year warranty when I bought the car as a special promotion. I am retire, and every year I only spent half the time in US. The car is always put in garage for care. But this year I found the touchscreen does not work. I called Hyundai Customer Care call center, A Mr. Ivan told me, he made appointment with the Paramus Hyundai dealer,( 234 Rt. 4 )with free replacement as part of the warrantee coverage. But when I get to the service dept, they told me the charges will be $2300 to replace the whole radio system. I can not believe that, there are only less than 9000 Miles on the car. Is the touchscreen this easy to break? Is this a quality issue with the touchscreen? Can you tell me what my options are?
Or where I can find service center that only change the touchscreen as it is the only part needing repair rather than the entire radio?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issues with my 2012 3.8, including a dead Navi/head unit after Hyundai roadside assistance jump started my car. 3 different units installed via Hyundai (including an air shipped unit from Korea); and still had issues. Finally the dealer had a NEW 2014 waiting for a new Trans. (this was in late 2014), so he cannibalised the entire Nav unit and "guts" from the 2014 and installed it into my 2012. Not one issue since and the upside was I have the improved maps that came with the 2014.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Better late than never reply - my dealer reprogrammed my bad nav unit several times, and replaced the nav unit several times, and had the western area rep try to fix the nav problem. Since I encountered the navigation problem the first month that I had the car, and I immediately notified the dealer, and created a paper trail - then 10 months later Hyundai agreed to refund my $ or give me a replacement 2012 Genesis. I should have taken the $.
I have lost track of the number of electrical problems that I have had with the 2012. If I have a problem with my Toyota the dealer has the part in stock or will have it the next day. Hyundai I have had to wait a week for some of my replacement parts. Too bad. I love the design of my car but the electrical systems are 2nd string.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fix for Genesis nav / navigation system not working / frozen

My 2012 Genesis sedan has frequently freezes on the warning screen. Nothing has fixed it (e.g. unplugging batter does nothing to fix it). Found the following on another forum, it truly reset the nav system and fixed the problem:

open drivers fuse fox and while the car is on ignition but not the engine running pull the fuses marked rf receiver and audio b+. One is a 10a the other is a 15a...it seems to have reset the screen unit. but it only works when the power is on the car

21 - 33 of 33 Posts