Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Elantra has been a good car, but on the highway on snowy conditions, the car slips more than any car I have ever driven.
Originally the car had 17 inch allow wheels, and P215/45R17 sport tires. I recently got snow tires, which has helped, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever gotten new rims, and if so what size and what size tires. Thanks

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Fixed beam at rear for align values ruin the whole driveabilty of the chassis.. factory numbers is so gross it not funny.

·
Registered
2015 Tucson, 2006 Toyota Matrix
63 Posts
Fixed beam at rear for align values ruin the whole driveabilty of the chassis.. factory numbers is so gross it not funny.
That, and the whole rear shock/hop thing. Good winter tires and a little healthy restraint in poor conditions go a long way. If memory serves, the winter tire I used with my 2011 were very close to the same size as the stock tires, but the rims were 16" so the winters had a higher sidewall. I also really like Michelins (have them on the Tucson) but on the Elantra we had some ultra-budget tires that weren't much better than OEM all seasons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts