Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be easy to do, and is even explained in the owner's manual. I'm trying to remove the clear-colored license plate lamp cover to replace a bulb that has a loose connection, and check the actual contacts to be able to spray clean them with electrical contact cleaner. My bulb keeps going out and a quick knock on the trunk lid will make it come back on so I know it is connection related but for the life of me I cannot seem to get the dang cover to pop off.

I've tried several times with small tools but it seems like it would take too much force to remove and I'm fearful of breaking the attachment tabs. Am I doing something obviously wrong here? I'm assuming so, but what I don't know. :frown:

·
Registered
480 Posts
One side I was able to get off with my hands alone. The other side I had to use a plastic pry tool on and ended up destroying the rubber weatherproof strip on the lamp. I ended up buying a new lamp for like $13 on Amazon.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BJMCKWO/[/ame]

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BJMDKIC/[/ame]

It's not too pricey if you mess up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just replaced my licence plate bulb. I used a plastic body panel pry tool. Wedge it under the outer edge and push the lens assembly towards the center as you pry up a bit. The clips are very rugged; I thought they would break but they didn't. Just make sure the whole thing is moving before you start prying.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This should be easy to do, and is even explained in the owner's manual. I'm trying to remove the clear-colored license plate lamp cover to replace a bulb that has a loose connection, and check the actual contacts to be able to spray clean them with electrical contact cleaner. My bulb keeps going out and a quick knock on the trunk lid will make it come back on so I know it is connection related but for the life of me I cannot seem to get the dang cover to pop off.

I've tried several times with small tools but it seems like it would take too much force to remove and I'm fearful of breaking the attachment tabs. Am I doing something obviously wrong here? I'm assuming so, but what I don't know. :frown:
Same happened to me. DS came out without issue. PS lamp keeps going out until i tap on the trunk lid above it. I keep forgetting to take time to pry that one off. It wouldn't budge the first few tries.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts