Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello HF,

Having trouble with my 2012 Elantra 1.8 Ltd - 91,000Mi in South Florida.
Car goes into reverse, park and neutral good. Shifter moves into drive, but drive is not engaging. The last few weeks it was working it was taking longer to engage and shifting porly. Does the community have any recommendations? I am almost ready to take it to the Scrap Yard..
Car is under Certified Preowned Hyundai 10/100k powertrain.

Similar to this thread (Couldnt post the full link), minus the car wash --> hyundai-forums /threads/2011-will-not-go-into-drive-after-wash-under-hood.516658/#post-4687090

I've checked the shift linkage, the position switch under the air box cycles into each position (appears normal).

Thanks guys,
Daniel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright Prop, thanks for the advise. Ill take it by the stealership to see what they say, im always nervous they will weasel me into paying / overpaying for something, dont want to get screwed by them.

·
Registered
822 Posts
At least then you will have it on file in case they don’t find anything wrong. M pretty sure it’s prolly a simple sensor or such. You shouldn’t have to pay for anything, as your 10/100k powertrain warranty should cover it no problems

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vehicle dropped off at the Kendall Hyundai service center, in Palmetto Bay, Fl.
So far the transmission diagnostic will be $130, unless the problem is covered under the powertrain warranty.

It will be earliest Tuesday before they will know what is wrong as they are short staffed over the weekend.
I will update the community when next word is recieved.

Thank you again for the assistance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update guys; the service center called to say that the cost of the diagnostic is $150. I let them know the price shown on their automated service system used to make the appointment is $130 for transmission diagnostic. He said that is the old rate and the new rate is now $150. I asked how the rate could change from one hour to the next, after more back and forth he finally agreed to honor the $130 if I could prove it, I have the appointment screenshot.

They contacted me stating the transmission needs to be replaced and asked me to bring in proof that the vehicle is CPO, I went on a goose chase and finally got the GM of Rick Case to send me the sale document showing proof of vehicle CPO.

I went and dropped this document off to service guy and he said it was not good enough. He agrees that the document proves it is CPO, but gets upset because he does not know who to bill, and that if I was willing to front the bill they would reimburse me later. Really frustrating.

I contacted the GM who put me in touch with a used car manager who was able to tell the service guy where to bill. The service guy then let me know that they are ordering parts, and will contact me tomorrow with the cost and totals.

Does anyone know how to get a loner car from them, the CPO documents say a covered powertrain condition gets up to 10 days of rental, but these guy are not very helpful. Im worried about getting stuck with an unexpected bill from them in the future.

So far they have not admitted that it is covered under the powertrain warranty, just that the transmission needs replacing.

Let me know if any advise or reccomendations, otherwise ill just wait and see what they tell me.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TeddyBear: I wanted to check and top off the fluid, but I couldnt find a simple way to access the dipstick or top it off while laying under the car.

Update: the service guy called to let me know that the transmission is covered under the powertrain but the insurance inspector was examining the vehicle and should produce a report of their findings today (Jan 23). They will not discuss a loner or rental until the insurance report gets back to the service center.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:

Service center called and said insurance would cover the transmission replacement + a rental car.
Thanks again Prop for the recommendation to take it to the dealership, I was about to take craigslist best offer or do a part out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update Guys - Got the car back in Monday 2/10. After driving it back and fourth it seems like the problem has been resolved. Stealer ended up charging a $50deductable to change the transmission.

Big thanks to Prop for reccomending to take it in.

Thank you guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts