Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I'm doing a custom instal in my 2012 azera.

Long story short here's the products I'll be installing

Stinger 1/0 awg kit
Xs power xp750 agm battery (as a 2nd battery)
Nvx xeq7 equalizer
Nvx jad800.4 amp
Crescendo audio S1500.1 amp
Polk audio mmi6501 components

That's for now, I'm going to amplify the stock rear door speakers and sub until I get the products I want.

Some pics

While I had the amp rack in my room I did a test with a set of coax speakers and a small sub lol

My plan is to take the wires coming from the headunit to the stock amp and connect them to the equalizer so it divides the signal in front, rear and sub stage.

I still have to do the new wiring (12 awg ofc) and get the schematics of the stock amp connector to know which wires are the ones I need and if there's a remote power on wire.

Will update on weekend.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's the easy way, but there's another benefit, I won't have to worry about signal wires getting in the way of power wires... So less chances of having noises induced into the signals

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
until a chunk of metal from a truck hits it, frays the insulation and your 250A ANR takes out your battery before it blows.

With the size wire you have, noise issues are minimal. Do yourself a favour and wire it through the passenger compartment where it won't blow up the battery.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Have to agree with Steampunk... route that under the inner door sills. Those zip ties will dry out and break in short order and cause problems if road debris doesn't get you first. The tiny % of noise that you are going to get by running it alongside signal wires (which should be run down the other door sill) will be easily masked by road, engine and wind noise.

$.05

1 - 5 of 5 Posts