Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Hyundia Santa Fe Sport AWD I have a clunk when driving slow, or applying the Brakes. I was told it was a Rear Coupling Assembly Part Number 47800 - 39420. I'm impressed so far with this vehicle, I have had it about 6 months and put about 6000 Kms on it since we bought it. I called Hyundia dealerships today. One quote for the part is $1813.00 the other is $1600.00.
I will check Amazon and E Bay to see what kind of prices they have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2012 Hyundia Santa Fe Sport AWD I have a clunk when driving slow, or applying the Brakes. I was told it was a Rear Coupling Assembly Part Number 47800 - 39420. I'm impressed so far with this vehicle, I have had it about 6 months and put about 6000 Kms on it since we bought it. I called Hyundia dealerships today. One quote for the part is $1813.00 the other is $1600.00.
I will check Amazon and E Bay to see what kind of prices they have.
i have had that problem its a viscious coupler that fails seal wears out all the thick fluid leaks out that was in a 2011that i have its bolted to the rear diff just have to take the drive shaft of to gain access
bought one from ski salvage in saskatchewan i paid 800 came with rear diff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply.
I have never seen any Fluid under the rear or front of the SUV. going to have another Mechanic look at it this week.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If it is a drive shaft problem, you would expect the noise at any speed. May be more so at faster speed. On the other hand, sway bar and bushing sure give you all the grief at slow speed and brake time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts