Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just purchased a 12' Sonata 2.0t with 60,000 miles.

I got a great deal on it because it was not making boost. After a bit of research I figured it was the EWG, an easy fix. I got it at a great deal because of it.

After getting it, I tested the EWG. It was replaced in 2016 and was at 4.02v; it also moves through all of it's travel still with the key. So I'm guessing that can't be it. Still only making 1psi of boost...

The car has thrown no codes, and still gets great fuel economy. However when driving it sounds like a whooshing noise, maybe a boost leak.

All the clamps are tight, and there are no visible splits in the hoses. I have not pressure tested the system yet.

Are there any other common issues I should check?

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Hello all,

I got a great deal on it because it was not making boost. After a bit of research I figured it was the EWG, an easy fix. I got it at a great deal because of it.

After getting it, I tested the EWG. It was replaced in 2016 and was at 4.02v; it also moves through all of it's travel still with the key. So I'm guessing that can't be it. Still only making 1psi of boost...

The car has thrown no codes, and still gets great fuel economy. However when driving it sounds like a whooshing noise, maybe a boost leak.

All the clamps are tight, and there are no visible splits in the hoses. I have not pressure tested the system yet.

Need to pressurize the intercooler and spray simple green around. You'll probably find it leaks around the seam. Make sure all the other intake is solid and no leaks.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Possibly the recirc solenoid that's bad and letting boost past the recirc valve. Take a multimeter and set it to ohms and test the 2 wires coming out of the solenoid. At 68F you should have 28.3 ~ 31.1 ohms. If it doesn't then it's not in spec and has to be replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whooshing maybe same as what just happened to me? My intake hose that connects to the turbo broke/melted off leaving the turbo sucking air straight into bypassing the air filter. Made the noise, lack of power, opened her up and voila, hose not connected.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Hello all,

You went dark on us. Fixed? Take a look at the intake while going full throttle. Anything collapsing on the intake plumbing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts