Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Another Recall!

They give the date periods of manufacture...check that on the driver's door...mine is on the list! :eek:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Mention released on Hyundaidealer yesterday..

Only announced to NHTSA that we planning recall..

Hyundai should have VIN list already, all I need is VIN

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Its not on the NHTSA page. I didn't read the news article.
From CR:

"The Details
Vehicles recalled: Certain 2011 Hyundai Sonatas produced between Dec. 11, 2009, and Sept. 29, 2010.

The problem: A short circuit in the airbag control unit may cause front and side airbags and seatbelt pretensioners to not deploy in a crash.

The fix: Hyundai is still working on a fix for the issue, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

How to contact the manufacturer: The recall is expected to begin April 20, 2018. Owners can contact Hyundai customer service at 855-371-9460. Hyundai’s number for the recall is 174.

NHTSA campaign number: 18V137000.

Check to see whether your vehicle has an open recall: Plug in the 17-digit vehicle identification number at the NHTSA website. It will tell you whether your vehicle has any open recalls that need to be addressed."

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Mention released on Hyundaidealer yesterday..

Only announced to NHTSA that we planning recall..

Hyundai should have VIN list already, all I need is VIN
Per build dates shown here mine applies. Nothing really to deal with until a "fix" is presented.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2011's..."The cars were made between Dec. 11, 2009 and Sept. 29, 2010".

2009? Really? Mine is a 2012 but built in 2011.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Air Bag Recall!

If anyone hears anything...the fix is supposed to be this month! :whistling:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
If anyone hears anything...the fix is supposed to be this month! :whistling:

Nothing on Dealer site as of 30 second prior to posting this text

Reactions: DarrenBach

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
2/3rd's of the month gone...and nothing about this potentially deadly fault/ recall action! GYST Hyundai! :rant2:

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
2/3rd's of the month gone...and nothing about this potentially deadly fault/ recall action! GYST Hyundai! :rant2:
I wouldn't expect a quick roll out. Ford had issues with their airbag computers and it was closer to six months before consumers started taking delivery of solutions. I was lucky and had a buggered up one that failed second day I owned it, so it didn't directly cause me heartache.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Kinda forgot about this one,, I just went and look at Hyundai site,, nothing yet in last 20 messages to dealers

·
Registered
808 Posts
RECALL expanded - not good news

uh oh! RECALL expanded to multi year (2011-2013) and now includes some hybrids (2011-2012)

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=18V137

Makes for interesting reading; no remedy yet...

" On April 18, 2018, Hyundai expanded the recall to include an additional 425,305 model year 2012-2013 Sonata and
2011-2012 Sonata Hybrid vehicles. "

1 - 20 of 85 Posts