Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wife and I decided to purchase a used VC limited and so far love it. Price was appropriate...I think. It has an in dash DVD player...cool. Put the vehicle in gear and DVD goes straight to audio only. I understand the laws here but it makes me think I can use the player for rear seat entertainment only to find out it was never an option. I want to place monitors back there for my kid but where do I begin. Do I replace the fancy factory nav/DVD head unit and go from there?:confused: Or is there a wiring harness and some handy aftermarket monitors that are compatible with the factory head unit? Ay suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
217 Posts
So the wife and I decided to purchase a used VC limited and so far love it. Price was appropriate...I think. It has an in dash DVD player...cool. Put the vehicle in gear and DVD goes straight to audio only. I understand the laws here but it makes me think I can use the player for rear seat entertainment only to find out it was never an option. I want to place monitors back there for my kid but where do I begin. Do I replace the fancy factory nav/DVD head unit and go from there?:confused: Or is there a wiring harness and some handy aftermarket monitors that are compatible with the factory head unit? Ay suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Go to the official Hyundai tech info site here:
https://www.hyundaitechinfo.com/

They have a whole section on RSE (at least for 2012 models) and wiring of the connectors etc. That might be a useful starting point.

Please note that the above site will be free only until Dec 20th...

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Best bet would be to find a good aftermarket dvd player with the screens that attach to the headrests. My '08 VC has the built in RSE with the screen that flips down from above, when it's down it completely blocks your view from the rear view mirror, all you see is the back of the screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all. My wife brought up a good point of actually using an iPad and rear seat iPad mount. With tech changing so fast, the DVD player is going to be out dated! And iPads and other tablets don't skip during driving or require special wiring. Also I think the factory deck sux! We have the factory Bluetooth option and when you receive a call, the volume on the stereo won't turn down automatically. Minor inconvenience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts