Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Accent owners/fans. I was hoping someone here might be familiar with a problem I've been having with my 2011 hatchback. The issue is as follows:

My car randomly stalls when I approach a stop or even while parked and idling. It happens on hot days and even during relatively mild temperatures. Most of the time, it will restart immediately. Sometimes, it takes awhile to restart. There are days when it doesn't happen at all and days when it happens more than once. It doesn't bring up any codes when I take it to a mechanic. I have had some suggestions from friends but before I start replacing random parts, I would love to hear any and all advice from those out there that might have a better grasp of what's going on with my car.

I appreciate taking the time to read this and for any responses.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
What happens when it happens? Like turning the key off? Dash lights On/off.....etc..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The engine completely shuts off but the electronics still work. When I try to start it up again, it will usually crank longer than normal to restart. Sometimes it won't restart. Twice, it restarted but the check engine light came on. But upon the next restart, the check engine light went away.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
More than likely a dirty IAC valve. This happened on my Accent a couple years ago. First thing I noticed is I lost fast rpm on a cold engine start. Eventually it would stall from low rpm and set a code.

But it is easy to fix. A couple bolts hold it on and it comes off and you can clean it out with some brake or carb cleaner.

It's a barrel like cyclinder than has a varied with slot. As it rotates it can adjust the air flow past the throttle plate for idle control. This gets carbon on it and makes it sticky. Just spray it out good. It only goes back in one way so it's hard to mess up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts