Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Xenon Supply 8000K HID kit for my 2011 Sonata for almost 2 years and I absolutely LOVE it! Best HID kit I have ever had! Just last night while driving on the highway the lights cut off. Once I made it home I checked the Fuse connected to the Positive terminal and it was not blown. I did go ahead and put a new fuse in with no luck. I checked all grounds and all are secure. I work night shift so I sleep during the day. Tonight I planned on using my high beams to get me to work till I had a solution but the lights magically came on. But, on my way to work they shut off again and I cannot get them to turn back on. After inspecting all the wiring I discovered this on the Accessory Wiring Harness: SEE PHOTOS

I do not know if this is causing the issue but everything seem to be installed and connected the way you demonstrated on your YouTube install video. What do I do from here?

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have had my Xenon Supply 8000K HID kit for my 2011 Sonata for almost 2 years and I absolutely LOVE it! Best HID kit I have ever had! Just last night while driving on the highway the lights cut off. Once I made it home I checked the Fuse connected to the Positive terminal and it was not blown. I did go ahead and put a new fuse in with no luck. I checked all grounds and all are secure. I work night shift so I sleep during the day. Tonight I planned on using my high beams to get me to work till I had a solution but the lights magically came on. But, on my way to work they shut off again and I cannot get them to turn back on. After inspecting all the wiring I discovered this on the Accessory Wiring Harness: SEE PHOTOS

I do not know if this is causing the issue but everything seem to be installed and connected the way you demonstrated on your YouTube install video. What do I do from here?
Replace that relay and maybe the connector since you probably had it too close to the battery and even tho it looks sealed that can be a very harsh environment on unprotected electrical connectors. On your replacement take and seal the relay and connector with a good slathering of 3M Scotchkote.

Larry

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
+1 Sounds like a classic relay failure. Not Hyundai's fault. Don't be tempted to bypass the harness, it's necessary on the YFs with HID upgrades.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Do a continuity check on the fuse holder first before you do a relay replacement. Same thing happened to me, story follows.

Had a DDM brand kit and lights shut off on my way home one night. Luckily I was on a lighted freeway and was able to cruise on just my DRLs to the house. Replaced the fuse, relay, even tried another harness. Nothing.

Turns out it was the fuse holder---the wire corroded right near terminals inside the plastic fuse box/block. End up cutting it out of the harness and replacing with a heavy-duty one from a trailer wiring kit (used that on my old motorcycle--another story) and it lasted until the ballast died in that kit 30,000 miles later.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Xexon Supply Contacted me pretty fast, I think they are going to send me a new harness.
I have heard good things about their customer support.

Hasn't convinced me to spend the money yet, but I have heard good things! :D

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
I have heard good things about their customer support.

Hasn't convinced me to spend the money yet, but I have heard good things! :D
I think you would be wise to spend the $$ there vs some of the other HID vendors. Their stuff seems to be much better made than others and, if the OP's customer service experience is any example, they stand behind it 100%.

Well worth the extra cash IMHO

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've purchased 4 kits from them..I know they do cost more but their customer support is great. Try to get warranty claim with EBAY sellers...not that easy. I did have 1 defect and they shipped a new unit right away.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Had mine and my buddies do the same thing. Lasted about a year

·
Registered
578 Posts

Decided to give mine a check, same issue with corrosion on/around the relay-to-socket contacts (installed for almost two years). Haven't experienced and operational problem but decided to be proactive. Relay socket looked fine but I replaced the relay and applied Krytox grease to the affected area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts