Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I shut off my Sonata the radio and clock stay on, says put car in park, doors won't lock, car chimes when I leave the car, key fob doesn't work and have to lock the doors with the actual key. When I return about an hour to two hours later the radio is off and the key fob works fine again. Have seen it can be a Parking Sensor issue or Knob and Boot assembly issue. Just want some more opinions.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
If the car doesn't think it is in park, then it won't behave normally. I would check under the center console to see if something was spilled and is gumming up the wiring or sensor.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
^ that doesn't look like as much fun.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This may sound stupid, but do you have anything plugged into your 12V plugs?
I had an issue similar to this once where the car would not want to fully turn off, and it was related to a 12V accessory I had plugged in that was drawing too much power. Once I unplugged it, the everything would turn off as normal.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Is this a 2010 - mid 2011 production chassis ??

Replacement of actual shifter is the repair.. 46700-3Q100 I think is the number (too lazy to go look it up), cost around $175, add another $100-130 for install (clean the car and complete console out of misc materials).. replaced 2 here recently within a week or so of each other, and part dept moved another on a counter ticket here last week.. we keep 1 on shelf all the time

Reactions: forgeinaz

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I shut off my Sonata the radio and clock stay on, says put car in park, doors won't lock, car chimes when I leave the car, key fob doesn't work and have to lock the doors with the actual key. When I return about an hour to two hours later the radio is off and the key fob works fine again. Have seen it can be a Parking Sensor issue or Knob and Boot assembly issue. Just want some more opinions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this same issue with my 2013 Sonata. Dealership is saying it’s my remote starter that’s causing this issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't been on in awhile, I took apart the center console (long time ago now lol) and noticed the switch on the shifter assembly was broken, I swapped it for one at the junkyard and solved my issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts