Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent out some price quote requests on the 2011 Sonata SE. So far I have had one respond back and I was just wondering what a decent deal for the SE is with no Nav package. The quote I received was $22477 plus TTL. It seems like a good starting point but I'd like some opinions before I try to go beat them up. I havent spoken with the salesperson yet but when I was at another dealership I noticed all of the Sonata's had a $299 security fee attached to a separate sticker. I am guessing thats for the window etching. Is this something that is already done and they want to charge me for it or is it an option I have a choice at refusing? Or should I say I dont want it and Im not paying for it? What other fees are rediculous in your opinion? It's been awhile since I negotiated.

that last time it was just Car+ Destination+ Doc fees+ TTL+Done. now it seems more complicated.

Thanks for any responses.

Steve

·
Registered
264 Posts
The dealer here in NJ had a side tag on the window sticker also. $2995 extra for door/wheel edge guards, pin striping, and extending the bumper to bumper up to 7/70k.

Needless to say, I declined the warranty extension and ended up finally getting the car for a few hundred less than the main sticker price. you gotta watch what they add.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You need to tell them to take off the security fee or you're not buying becuase the dealership is just trying to get more money out of you. All add on pricing is a way for the dealer to make more money. As for the price, it kind of depends on location. I know in Florida, you could get an SE with no navigation for around $21,500 - $21,750. I remember when I had to decide in either getting the SE w/ nav for $23,750 or the Limited w/ no nav for $23,500. I ended up going with the Limited. Also, the best way to negotiate a price is through the internet manager over the phone. Unlike the average salesperson, where their commission is based on how much they sell a car for, the internet manager makes money by just selling the car, so you're guaranteed a better deal. A good source of reference is going on www.edmunds.com
If you can get the car for at least Edmunds price, then it was a good deal.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (gregd71 @ Jun 30 2010, 02:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337505
The dealer here in NJ had a side tag on the window sticker also. $2995 extra for door/wheel edge guards, pin striping, and extending the bumper to bumper up to 7/70k.

Needless to say, I declined the warranty extension and ended up finally getting the car for a few hundred less than the main sticker price. you gotta watch what they add.
OT, but did you add the lighted wing to your trunk? got any up close pix?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I paid 24,255 + TTL and misc fees. 26,812.88 out the door for the SE in Venetian Red with Navigation.

Beware of dealer add on's. That is one place they make a ton of profit.
If I didn't specifically ask for it, I won't pay for it.
Time to take a hike to another dealer.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Here's the exact quote I got from my dealer:

"the lease for the 2011 Sonata SE on the Costco program is as follows.
MSRP $23,810.00 x 3% = $714
Cost $22,725.00 - $714 = $22,011.00
Reduction $22,011.00 - $250 = $21,761.00 Selling price

Selling price $21,761.00 for lease, residual @ 12k miles a year (0.59%), money factor 0.00087 (2.088% APR), Acquisition fee $595.00, $0 security deposit, doc fee $45.00, tire tax fee $8.75, county tax rate 9.75%, down payment $3770.12, payment $181.32 plus monthly tax $17.68 equals $199.00 for 36 months. Adjusted residual at end is $14,047.90.
Best regards,"

FYI- Those numbers quoted were "Out the door". The only options I had were the Homelink Rear view mirror with auto dimming, the ipod cable and wheel locks. Even though the Hyundai site lists the cargo net as a separate charge, I believe mine was included in the base price.

Also, the down payment he quoted me was a little higher than usual because I wanted to keep the payments at $199 a month; otherwise it would have been more like $2500 down and $245 a month. [those are approximate numbers, I don't recall the exact 'out the door' quote.]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Central Tx: $21068 for SE, plus TTL. +1 in dealing w/ a REAL internet dept. stay away from floor sales guys... IMO. .. sorry; quick edit; able to take advantage of Plan A pricing + previous Hyunandai owner loyalty bringing price down.

·
Banned
630 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
This is the spoiler I am getting for my car. However, CarID shafted you bigtime. That spoiler is $175 at SportWing.com, painting included. Also they have a 5yr/60K mile warranty. Hope they will price match for you.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I just picked up my new car. SE no nav Pearl White. $21,489. They had to get the car from a dealer in OK. There are deals to be had, just gotta do some leg wrok.

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE (gregd71 @ Jun 30 2010, 02:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337505

Brad Benson Hyundai?

FYI, I got a purchase price of $23,500 for my SE with Navi + TTL from Brad Benson Hyundai. The sticker was $26,500, and the dealership addons they tacked on made the "dealer quoted price" around $31,000. We didn't even bother negotiating, I told them flat out I wasn't paying $4,500 for pinstriping and extra junk. Brad Benson is a volume dealer. Just play it cool, threaten to walk out a few times, pretend they don't have the car you want in stock.. it is all BS, but play the game and you can get a good deal.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I paid 24700 total for my SE with NAV package. This is OTD. They gave me 2800 for my 11 yr old corolla and I got the SE for 21900 after all taxes, tags, fees. So you definitely can get a better price. Just have to shop around and widen your search area.

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE (Flying Fossil @ Jun 30 2010, 01:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337515
I paid 24,255 + TTL and misc fees. 26,812.88 out the door for the SE in Venetian Red with Navigation.

Beware of dealer add on's. That is one place they make a ton of profit.
If I didn't specifically ask for it, I won't pay for it.
Time to take a hike to another dealer.
you got a better deal than i did. sounds exactly like the car i got 26200 +ttl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts