Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 2011 Hyundai Sonata has started making a low-pitched buzzing/rattling sound from front of the car when I accelerate from idle. I recently replaced it's starter as it went bad and the sound started coming only after that. The sound is not loud as I only hear it when my windows are up and nothing is playing in the car. I have 69,000 miles on the car. I thought it is TSB 10-BD-007. I took it to the dealer who recommeded engine tune up and fuel induction service. I thought the latter would not help much and went only for the engine tune up. But the condition is exactly the same as before.

Anyone has any clue about the issue? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, I haven't noticed any loss of power and the car makes noise on flat roads, haven't taken it to any hill.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Having a similar issue with my 2011 hybrid. A low humming vibration feels like it’s coming from underneath. Doesn’t happen all the time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Look into the belt tensioner. I just had mine replaced. It sounded like a growl any time I would accelerate and especially (it seemed) when I would put the car in reverse. Might want to look into that first. There's also an off-chance it could be the engine or transmission mounts but my gut says it's the tensioner.

·
Registered
246 Posts
A rattling sound could also be a loose heat shield on the exhaust.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look into the belt tensioner. I just had mine replaced. It sounded like a growl any time I would accelerate and especially (it seemed) when I would put the car in reverse. Might want to look into that first. There's also an off-chance it could be the engine or transmission mounts but my gut says it's the tensioner.
Do you mean belt tensioner or chain tensioner?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I located the location of the noise. It is due to some broken plastic part above brake pedal. Can someone help me identify the part number?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts