Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a 2011 Sonata Limited that was built after 7/22/2010. Therefore, the front struts have the stabilizer mount different then the 2011 Sonata's built before 7/22/2010. I tried to buy the Monroe struts, but they don't work, as the stabilizer mount doesn't match.

Do you know what brand I can buy for my car? I am not able to find any matches, except OEM, which run around $450 shipped for the pair. I really don't want to pay that much. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
John M.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I also have the same DILEMA that aftermarket struts for my 2012 (built June 2011) Sonata GLS with sport suspension is not available. I am not certain if the Monroe struts is a direct replacement to my existing set-up. My current OEM strut mounting tab points towards the engine. I am looking at the 2013 Struts from KYB (334996, 334995) is visually a close match, however, the stabilizer links will likewise to be replaced. You have to reach deeper from your pocket for OEM Struts.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You can call up the Hyundai dealer of your choice with your VIN handy. They can look up part number and then find a replacement matching that part number. They should be different part numbers depending on which side of the change in design yours was built.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The part numbers you are after for the post 2011 genuine Hyundai/Kia "Sport" suspension are as follows ...

54661 2T122 (Right Front Strut)
54651 2T122 (Left Front Strut)

55311 2T120 (Rear Strut - Same part number for either side)

You guys in the US are very lucky as they appear to be readily available from aftermarket parts suppliers, unlike here in Australia !

Here's a place for example in North Carolina that does both front struts for $125.00

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Some change the endlinks to utilize older type struts in newer vehicles. Search here because someone mentioned it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The part numbers you are after for the post 2011 genuine Hyundai/Kia "Sport" suspension are as follows ...

You guys in the US are very lucky as they appear to be readily available from aftermarket parts suppliers, unlike here in Australia !

Here's a place for example in North Carolina that does both front struts for $125.00

Thanks Robjh. So are you saying that the Kia part numbers you provided are an exact fit to the 2011 Sonata Limited built after 7/22/2010?

Thanks,
John M.

·
Registered
155 Posts

Thanks for the information.

I wish to obtain and confirm from you that the KIA part numbers as mentioned will likewise fit a 2012 Sonata with Sport Suspension. My GLS is built June 28, 2011 with VIN C.

I recently replaced my front stabilizer bar link with OEM links from Korea. PN's. 54840-2T000 ; 54830-2T000.

If these part numbers will be a direct fit, I will be able to purchase them in the States and pick-it up from my USA address. I will be driving to the states in November.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Robjh. So are you saying that the Kia part numbers you provided are an exact fit to the 2011 Sonata Limited built after 7/22/2010?

Thanks,
John M.
I have an October 2012 built Hyundai i45 Premium which was the top of the range model here in Australia when they were on sale, not sure which model this represents in the US ... Sonata ??? ... our i45 Premium models came with the "Sports" suspension from the factory ... our cars in Australia were all Korean built.

I have just had the suspension replaced with TruHart sports shocks and Eibach springs which I got from K5 Optima Store in the US

The pics below are of my old suspension components where you can clearly see the part numbers on them ... I cannot say for absolute certainty that these part numbers are the same as comes on your Sonata models, but by virtue of the fact that these part numbers are readily available in the US, one could reasonably conclude that they are the same part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Robjh
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing