Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Well, I'm the proud owner of a new, silver 2011 Sonata Limited.

Minuses
Agreeing with another member : You're right sir. The console armrest should be higher and longer so you can rest your elbow while keeping your right hand on the ":20 After" position on the steering wheel.

Another slight issue is the console side. It's hard! When i'm driving, my right knee leans into the console side. It would be nice if the plastic was softer there.

For the driver door bottom. Get rid of that bulging "bottle holder." It isn't needed and would greatly add to the comfort of sitting in the car.

Last thing: That horn is embarassing. (Listening, Hyundai?)

Plusses
Great engine. It is very responsive and I just achieved 36 MPG, over 360 miles of commuting.

Looks great.

Nice amenities. My Lexus neighbor is still jealous when I told him I have heated rear seats! :D

Big trunk.

Great forum with helpful members. I'm glad I'm a member.

-cav

·
Registered
24 Posts
We just averaged nearly 37 mpg on a 700 mile trip so that's a HUGE plus for me! haha

During that same trip, the armrest did come up as a discussion point as I thought it slid forward to better support on long drives but it does not, it was the Mazda 6 that we test drove that did that. Oh well, can't have it all I suppose but we managed to make it even without the perfect armrest! haha

·
Registered
143 Posts
QUOTE (cav @ Apr 30 2010, 03:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318265
Hi All,

Well, I'm the proud owner of a new, silver 2011 Sonata Limited.

Minuses
Agreeing with another member : You're right sir. The console armrest should be higher and longer so you can rest your elbow while keeping your right hand on the ":20 After" position on the steering wheel.

Another slight issue is the console side. It's hard! When i'm driving, my right knee leans into the console side. It would be nice if the plastic was softer there.

For the driver door bottom. Get rid of that bulging "bottle holder." It isn't needed and would greatly add to the comfort of sitting in the car.

Last thing: That horn is embarassing. (Listening, Hyundai?)

Plusses
Great engine. It is very responsive and I just achieved 36 MPG, over 360 miles of commuting.

Looks great.

Nice amenities. My Lexus neighbor is still jealous when I told him I have heated rear seats! :D

Big trunk.

Great forum with helpful members. I'm glad I'm a member.

-cav

Welcome aboard! :thumbsup: Great comments by the way. I think if you haven't yet received your survey from Hyundai, as soon as it arrives be sure to include those comments in your feedback. I know that it will definitely be looked at by their brass. Hyundai has had a history of responding and making changes if they see a groundswell of concerns from their customers.

Case in point, when the 2007 Santa Fe's were first sold there was an issue with the dome/map light not coming on once the door was opened but Hyundai responded with a fix that quickly addressed owner concerns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts