Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recently bought a used Sonata from a dealer (about a month ago) but I noticed that in the morning my FOB key wouldn't work on the vehicle for a good 30 seconds or so. This morning however it failed to recognize both of my FOB key's for close to 5 minutes even once I used the manual key to get in the vehicle. This only happens in the morning and I have not had an issue with the vehicle reading my FOB in the afternoon's and on. Today was not very cold either (mid 40's).

Could this just be the battery in the FOB's or am I looking at something more? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
What are the issues............Won't start, or won't open the doors, or ??????

If it's all of that, then it could be the battery in the FOB.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Multiple posts regarding fob issues. I would suggest battery replacement as it is a 2011.

Did you try placing the fob in the slot in the center console and seeing if car would start?

·
Registered
281 Posts
All these threads posted lately...has no one ever had a key fob before?!?!?! Batteries only last so long...go to Home Depot and buy a spare pack and keep them in the car somewhere.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
I think the issue is that so many people are used to the passive fobs that only unlock/lock and pop the trunk via button press. Prox fobs most likely use more power to actively transmit their signal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts