Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forum members in warmer climes may disregard this post!

OK, I don't drive this car or even ride in it very often (it's my wife's car). But when I do in the winter months, I can always feel a cold draft along the floor. I can feel cold air around my legs when sitting either in the front driver/passenger sides or even when sitting in the back. Has anyone else noticed anything like this? It's almost as though there's an open or broken duct or maybe a gap that needs to be sealed. This persists regardless of heater/vent/etc. settings or even the "dual" temp adjustment.

I intend to take it in to the local dealer very soon but thought I would ask.

·
Registered
117 Posts
"Cold Drafts" - I thought this was a post about beer. ;)

Ok, for real, I haven't felt what you are in either my 12 or 13 Sonatas. In fact, I have to turn the heat down, even on the coldest days or it cooks me out of the car! Good luck tracking this down!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have noticed when really cold, a draft around the hip area mostly. But it seems to go away after heating up. Almost feels like a draft from the steering column and the cold air sinking to the footwell...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
you can feel cold air around the door handles and speakers. this is common due to they have access to the inside of the doors. some might be worse than others however. most cars are like this unless they have heavy sound deadening everywhere.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It could just be the cold air coming off the plastic parts as well. Maybe sitting close to all that cold plastic probably give the feeling of a draft?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
It could just be the cold air coming off the plastic parts as well. Maybe sitting close to all that cold plastic probably give the feeling of a draft?
Yeah those plastic door panels get really cold, and I doubt there's any insulation behind them. Luckily my car has a really good heater (from the front vents), so it overpowers any cold feeling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts