Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Harbor Gray on 09/30 and then decided to trade it in on a Silver 2.0T on 11/06.

Manufactured on 10/06/10 ... 173XXX.

After driving the GLS for just about a month and having put 1,300 miles on it and now driving the 2.0T. Let me clearly say there is a HUGE difference between these cars.

The 2.0T is far more refined. The steering feels much tighter and more crisp. The acceleration and torque is a world of difference. You could hear the 2.4 struggle getting up to speed. The 2.0T show little effort at such. Ample power across the whole RPM band. The leather steering wheel, proximity key and automatic temperature control are just brilliant vs the base GLS. I can't tell much of a difference in the seats. I had after market Katzkin leather installed in both before I took final delivery. The base seats are about my only gripe with the vehicle.

Not bashing the GLS. Our previous vehicle was a 2.7L V6 in a 2002 Dodge Stratus which ran great for us for about 9yrs. It had right around 200hp, similar to the 2.4 GLS. The GLS ran really well; however after driving the 2.0T, I can now clearly say my decision to trade-in and trade-up was well worth it across many aspects. I am looking forward to driving this car for years, backed by Hyundai's brilliant warranty.

Please see attached pictures if you are interested.

http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/Y9IldnmX/1/4912205

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a similar story to yours. i purchased a 2011 sonata se 2.4 about 6 months ago. I just traded it in for the turbo. Definately an upgrade. The car is much quieter. It feels more solid. I love the auto climate control. And also the fact that it is dual climate is great (especially with a hot natured wife). I swear there is more sound deadening material. So gratz on the purchase.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The split zone climate control is eh. The climate control piece of it works, but initial impressions are that the cabin is going to be all one temp regardless of how you do it.

It's better than pushing a bunch of buttons and finnicking with the heat or a/c all the time, but compared with the dual zone climate on the Acura - it's not really what it's advertising to be.

·
Registered
945 Posts
QUOTE (pseudomaniac @ Nov 27 2010, 03:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375144
The split zone climate control is eh. The climate control piece of it works, but initial impressions are that the cabin is going to be all one temp regardless of how you do it.

It's better than pushing a bunch of buttons and finnicking with the heat or a/c all the time, but compared with the dual zone climate on the Acura - it's not really what it's advertising to be.
You are right, the cabin will stay pretty much the same temp. I think the dual zone, split zone climate control whatever you want to call it, no matter what kind of car they all do the same thing. If your hot and she's cold you can adjust the settings for each and thats it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts